11/10/2012 SC Minutes
SHADWELL NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN
MINUTES OF STEERING GROUP 11.10.12
Present: CHAIR: Debbie Potter (DP), Denise Simpson (SPC), Denise Trickett (SPC and Minutes), Rob Wilkinson (RW), Helen Jordan (HJ), Graham Smith (GS), Nick Manaton (NM), Steven Gee (SG), Ian Halmshaw (IH), Alice Pratt (AP), Andy McKinley (AM), Jeremy Thompson (JT), Frank Reynolds (FR), Jamie Gadong (JG), Andrew Watson (AW).
Research Study: Katherine Brookfield (University Southampton)
Apologies: Marcus Westmorland, George Crowther
Item 1 - Open the meeting
Attendance and apologies as above.
Item 2 - Minutes of the last meeting
Item 3 - Matters arising (not covered on agenda)
Discussion on need for insurance.
- DP to check with Parish Council Clerk if NP Steering Group is covered under PC Insurance
Item 4 - SHLAA Sites
RW updated on SHLAA sites visits. DP thanked the group for their work.
DP reported back on Extraordinary Parish Council meeting 11.10.12. Agreed to go forward with ‘green’ site, the former Cricket Field. All other sites to be identified as ‘red’.
- RW to minute and send to SG
- DP to forward decision to Ward Cllrs.
Item 5 - Feedback on LCC NP Event 8.10.12
Report given by GS.
Information on pilot areas, Kippax and Holbeck, on LCC NP website.
Exeter St James on www. exeterstjamesforum.org
Minutes of NP to be incorporated into PC minutes
Permanent display in the Library.
- JT to follow up ‘The A Book on Planning’ from Leeds University as used by Kippax
- All to look at exeterstjamesforum.org.
- DP to put minutes on Village notice board.
Item 6 - Declaration of Interest Forms
Item 7 - Finance
Bank Account to be opened at Barclays
- DP to get appropriate form.
Item 8 - Communications Sub Cmt
IH reported on Action Plan to include:
Newsletter to all who expressed interest at Flower Show
Leaflet delivered to all households in Parish by end Oct, to be put on Village Notice Board
Cllr Robinson to send letter to all households at his expense
Draft questionnaire being prepared - to bring back Nov meeting
Every meeting to minute own meetings. Audit trial by JG
Identified local businesses etc - generic letter
Shadwell News - monthly update
Shadwell PC website regular updates
- All to support leafletting
- DP to contact Cllr Robinson to see if he will send out
- IH to contact Lesley Beales
Item 9 - Formation of Sub Committees
To be put on next agenda after questionnaire devised.
Item 10 - Website
Report by SG
Updated regularly. Minutes included etc
36 unique visitors (mainly after Flower Show), 5 Facebook Friends, 2 following on Twitter
JG taking over Google Drive
Item 11 - Update on liaison with surrounding parishes.
DP reported on meetings with Harewood. No sites submitted as yet.
Meeting Scarcroft 23rd Oct, Thorner date to be arranged.
- DP to arrange meeting.
Item 12 - Meeting with possible volunteers
- DP and GC to meet volunteers from Flower Show.
Item 13 - AOB
- RW brought up Local Green Areas and where they are? To consider when look at protected areas.
- FW will take photos of village to accumulate resources
- Katherine Brookfield from Southampton University introduced herself and the research work she is doing on NP. Research funded by Planning Exchange Foundation
- DP suggested we begin to draft the document
- DP to get Walton document from Andy Birkback. DP to ask Robert Dyson to write brief history of Shadwell.
Item 14 - Next meeting
8th November 8pm Recreation Centre